(415) 362-2906

Warren Logo-04

O-1 Visa and P-3 Visa for Artists

O-1 Visa and P-3 Visa for Artists - Warren Law Firm

Dedicated to global immigration law, the Warren Law Firm helps both U.S. employers and foreign national professionals obtain a variety of visas so they can work in America temporarily on a short- or long-term basis. Angela Warren and her team at Warren Law Firm have over 20 years of experience obtaining O-1 visas and P-3 visas for artists who qualify, for example:

  • Musicians
  • Singers
  • Specialty Chefs

A San Francisco immigration attorney like Angela Warren can be a great advantage for artists who want to an O-1 or P-3 visa to live or work in San Francisco, or for San Francisco companies wishing to get a visa for one of their potential employees.

About the 0 Visa for Artists

O-1 Visas are available to people of extraordinary ability or achievement. Specifically, the O nonimmigrant classification is commonly referred to as:

  • O-1A: Individuals with an extraordinary ability in the sciences, education, business, or athletics.
  • O-1B: Individuals with an extraordinary ability in the arts or extraordinary achievement in motion picture or television industry.
  • O-2: Individuals who will accompany an O-1, artist or athlete, to assist in a specific event or performance. For an O-1A, the O-2’s assistance must be an “integral part” of the O-1A’s activity; for an O-1B, the O-2’s assistance must be “essential” to the completion of the O-1B’s production. The O-2 worker has critical skills and experience with the O-1 that cannot be readily performed by a U.S. worker and which are essential to the successful performance of the O-1.
  • O-3: Individuals who are the spouse or children of O-1’s and O-2’s.

To qualify for a professional O-1 visa, some of these requirements must be met:

  • You must have received national or internationally recognized awards or prizes of excellence in your field and must be coming temporarily to the U.S. to continue that work at the very top level in your field.
  • Your work has been described in or you have published articles in major media, professional or trade publications.
  • You have made original, scientific, scholarly, or business-related contributions of major significance in your industry.
  • You have performed in a leading or critical role for organizations or establishments with a distinguished reputation.
  • You earn a high salary or remuneration for your services.
  • You can present any other evidence to prove your eligibility.

About the P-3 Visa

P-3 Visas – These visas are for artists or entertainers who teach, perform or coach an art form that is culturally unique.
To qualify for a professional P-3 visa, these requirements must be met:

  • You must be coming to the U.S. individually or as a group to develop, interpret, represent, coach, or teach a unique or traditional ethnic, folk, cultural, musical, theatrical, or artistic performance or presentation.
  • You must be coming to the U.S. to participate in a cultural event or events which will further the understanding or development of your art form. The program may be of a commercial or noncommercial nature.

How to Get an O-1 or P-3 Visa (Artist Visa)

To apply for a O-1 Visa, a company usually must file on your behalf. If you would like to discuss an O visa or P-3 visa with an experienced San Francisco immigration attorney, contact Warren Law Firm to schedule a consultation. By preparing some documentation that shows your work, wages or awards, we will make the most of our consultation time.

We look forward to talk to you.

Request A Consultation

Meet The Attorney

Angela D. Warren

With more than 20 years of immigration and business immigration experience, Angela Warren has helped hundreds of individuals, families and businesses.

Main Services

Lawyers of Distinction
AVVO Rating (1)
Skip to content