L-1A, L-1B and Other Work Visas

With 20 years of experience obtaining work visas and employment green-cards, San Francisco immigration attorney Angela Warren works with people from all around the world and find the right visa solution for their needs, like L-1A and L-1B visas. The Warren Law Firm is dedicated to global immigration law. We help both U.S. employers and foreign national professionals obtain a variety of visas so they can work in America.

Our track record of success includes obtaining L-1A and L-1B visas for professionals with many types of abilities, including, but not limited to:

  • Wine Industry Professionals
  • Communications Companies
  • Jewelry Manufacturers

A San Francisco immigration attorney like Angela Warren can be a great advantage for people who want to a work visa to live and work in San Francisco using an L-1A and L-1B visa, or for San Francisco companies wishing to get a L-1A and L-1B green-card for one of their potential employees.

About the L-1A and L-1B Visa

L-1A – Multinational Manager/Executive Transferee – The L-1A work visa classification enables a U.S. employer to transfer an executive or manager from one of its affiliated foreign offices to an office in the U.S. or to a company establishing a U.S. office. The employer must file a petition on behalf of the employee.
An L-1 Visa:

  • Is valid for a specific period of time, generally three years.
  • Allows foreign workers to relocate to the corporation’s US office after having worked abroad for the company for at least one year prior to being granted L-1 status.
  • Is granted to employees at U.S. offices that must be a parent company, subsidiary company, or related company to the foreign company.
  • May be legally be used as a stepping stone to a green card under the doctrine of dual intent.

L-1B – Multinational Specialized Knowledge Transferee ­– The L-1B work visa classification enables a U.S. employer to transfer a professional employee with specialized knowledge relating to the organization’s interests from one of its affiliated foreign offices to one of its offices in the U.S. The employer must file a petition with USCIS on behalf of the employee.
An L-1B Visa:

  • Also enables a foreign company which does not yet have an affiliated U.S. office to send a specialized knowledge employee to the U.S. to help establish one.
  • Is valid for up to three years, extendable to six.
  • Can have an exception to a maximum length of stay for one-year extensions if a labor certification application has been filed and is pending for at least 365 days, and three-year extensions if an I-140 Immigration Petition has been approved.

How to Get an L-1A or L1-B or other Work Visa

To start the process of obtaining an L-1A visa, L-1B visa or other work visa, contact Warren Law Firm for a free phone consultation. By obtaining documentation ahead of time, you will make the most of our consultation together.

Although obtaining a L-1A and L-1B work visa a can be fairly complicated, using an experienced immigration attorney can help improve your chances of approval. Depending on the circumstances and the candidate, the L-1A and L-1B visa process can take weeks or months from start to end.

To take the first steps in obtaining an L-1A, L-1B or other work visa, contact Warren Law Firm for a free, brief consultation.

Contact Us

Please fill out this form and we will get in touch with you shortly.